Harris Creek Adult Equipping Ministry seeks to disciple adults from their post-student years through senior adulthood to love God passionately, love others unconditionally, and serve the city energetically. It is our desire that we participate in biblical community in all stages and areas of our Christian life.
If you have any questions concerning our adult ministries, please contact Galan Hughes.
- The Harvesters Class (70s and up) – Sundays @ 9 am (Rm A11)
- Young Married's Class (newlyweds to five years of marriage) – Sundays @ 10:30 am (Rm A11)
- Biblical Survey Class (all ages) – Sundays @ 10:30 am (Rm TBD)
- Women's Bible Study (women of all ages) – Sundays @ 10:30 am (Rm A7)
What: Harris Creek's Adult Equipping Classes exist to equip people through the study of Scripture and prayer. The ultimate goal is to have intimacy with Christ increase by training others to live out the Gospel in their everyday lives. As we teach people how to apply Scripture to their daily circumstances, the hope is that they will, in turn, be able to apply this training to their particular contexts so they can share Christ with people in their sphere of influence.
When: Meet at various times throughout the week
What: As we seek the welfare of the city, Life Groups are where we provide the opportunity for our covenant members to live in biblical community. We define the function of our Life Group communities by three words: know, grow, and go. Know means to invest in each other's lives by living life on life. Grow means we study the Scriptures following our sermon-based Group Link material published by the church. Go means we live on mission by externally serving those in need around us. Our goal is to have each Life Group contain this DNA at its core while having the flexibility to live it out as God has uniquely equipped and gifted them. A Life Group at Harris Creek is:
- A small group of eight to 14 people
- A group that lives life on life by meeting a minimum of 36 times a year
- A group that uses Harris Creek's ser- mon-based Group Link material a minimum of 50% of the time (and has other curriculum approved by staff 100% of the time)» A group that serves externally together a minimum of three times a year
- A group that fellowships together a minimum of six times a year