Items filtered by date: February 2018 - Harris Creek Baptist Church
Harris Creek Baptist Church
Minutes of the Board of Elders
February 21, 2018
A regular meeting of the elders of Harris Creek Baptist Church was called to order February 21, 2018, at 6:30 a.m. Jim Underwood, Chair, presided. A quorum was present. In attendance were Blair Browning (via phone), Brady Herbert, P. Michael Smith, Brad Lail, Stacey Smith, Chris Holmes, Bill Neilson and Kevin Jackson. Also in attendance was Joey White, Drew Greenway, Rebecca Harris, Jon Green, and Trent Horner.
1. Jim Underwood opened the meeting in prayer.
2. The elders reviewed and approved the minutes from the January 10th regular meeting.
3. Joey White gave a brief overview of the January financials for the church which were in line with budgeted expectations. Joey then led a conversation on the financial standing for the construction of the new sanctuary. While financing will cover the structure of the building, the church will need additional funds to cover the necessary audio/visual equipment. The staff, along with the help the elders, will develop a plan for the needed funds. Any future budget surpluses received in 2018 will go directly to support the remaining financial gap.
4. The elders and staff discussed a short-term preaching schedule to allow Brady an opportunity to rest and spend time with his family. While Brady’s leadership for the church is vital, the long-term benefits from this time away are greater than his short-term absence.
5. Jon Green led a discussion on the staff’s trip to The Crossing church in St. Louis. The staff divided into two teams, traveling within the same week but at different times to maintain a presence in Waco. Many of the staff shared their personal reflections on the trip, but overall, the staff was appreciative of the opportunity to learn and share from a church that is serving its community well.
6. Trent Horner proposed a possible change to the church organizational structure to better align staff with ministry interests. Nothing formal has been approved, but the elders supported the potential change with more details to be shared soon.
7. Stacey Smith closed the meeting in prayer.