2. Brother LeRow opened the meeting in prayer.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Board were considered and approved by vote of the Board.
4. Brother James and Brother David will be absent on sabbatical May 24. Plans were made for coverage of key worship and staffing positions that day. Brother Brady will deliver the message.
5. The budget and the response of the Congregation to the Pastor’s stewardship sermon series were reviewed. Giving has matched or exceeded budget. Financial reports were reviewed in detail. Year to date giving continues ahead of expenses.
6. Direct mission giving and priorities was discussed. The Board took action to support a part of the start-up costs of the mission of Roy Karr and Kevin Discerns, with Brother David continuing to assist them with business planning and support assistance. Sharefest was discussed as an on-going direct mission support need of the Church.
7. Brother David presented preliminary planning for the formation of an advisory team to assist in the process of hiring a Minister to Children. The Board considered a number long-term goals and directions for the Children’s Ministry, and the attributes and qualifications of leadership to meet those goals. On-going plans to meet the interim needs of the ministry were presented in detail. A significant number of Members of the Church have volunteered to continue to assist in the ministry.
8. Brother James reported on up-coming sermon topics and teaching emphasis. Brother James reported on the mission trip that he and Brother Brady made to Ecuador.
9. Brother James closed the meeting in prayer.
2. Time was spent in discussion of a number of issues, concerns, needs, praises, and blessings of the Church so that the Board could consider and raise up those issues in prayer together.
3. The Board spent time together in prayer regarding: the upcoming Easter season and its meaning and impact on the City and the Church; the meaning and Glory of the Crucifixion; the ministries of the Church and upcoming opportunities and teaching, including “Joshua’s Men”, the “Treasure Principle”, “Sharefest”, the Men’s Construction Team and its leadership, the opportunities of Kingdom service in regard to the children and youth of the Church; Mother’s Day Out and its leadership; the Children’s Ministry and its leadership; the Church’s teaching servants; the growth of the small group ministry and its servants and leadership; the needs of sister Churches, their congregations, their service, and their leadership; and the focus, wisdom, unity, courage and dedication of the believers and leadership at Harris Creek as the welfare of the Lord’s City is served and the Kingdom enhanced.
4. The Board reviewed, and approved as written, the minutes of the prior meeting of the Board.
5. The Elders voted to approve the licensing of Drew Greenway, Worship Pastor.
6. Brother LeRow closed the meeting in prayer.
Sunday, May 3, registration for the Kaleo Arts Academy begins.
Classes offered by Kaleo include:
Dance for Children
Dance for Adults
Art for Children
Art for Adults
Please contact Drew Greenway or Emily Gist with any questions you may have.
Sharefest Waco 2009 will take place on Saturday, May 2 from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm. Sharefest is a day of serving the Waco community in partnership with local churches. Childcare will be available for babies through age 2: children age 4 and up will have opportunities to serve alongside parents. Some of the work projects will include: Gardening, planting, and painting for the Lorena school district; lawn care for local senior adults; Back Yard Bible Club for children in North Waco; and clean up for the Talitha Koum Institute.
Please sign up in the church foyer for this exciting event.