2. Brother LeRow opened the meeting in prayer.
3. Minutes of the previous meeting of the Board were considered and approved by vote of the Board.
4. Brother James and Brother David will be absent on sabbatical May 24. Plans were made for coverage of key worship and staffing positions that day. Brother Brady will deliver the message.
5. The budget and the response of the Congregation to the Pastor’s stewardship sermon series were reviewed. Giving has matched or exceeded budget. Financial reports were reviewed in detail. Year to date giving continues ahead of expenses.
6. Direct mission giving and priorities was discussed. The Board took action to support a part of the start-up costs of the mission of Roy Karr and Kevin Discerns, with Brother David continuing to assist them with business planning and support assistance. Sharefest was discussed as an on-going direct mission support need of the Church.
7. Brother David presented preliminary planning for the formation of an advisory team to assist in the process of hiring a Minister to Children. The Board considered a number long-term goals and directions for the Children’s Ministry, and the attributes and qualifications of leadership to meet those goals. On-going plans to meet the interim needs of the ministry were presented in detail. A significant number of Members of the Church have volunteered to continue to assist in the ministry.
8. Brother James reported on up-coming sermon topics and teaching emphasis. Brother James reported on the mission trip that he and Brother Brady made to Ecuador.
9. Brother James closed the meeting in prayer.